If you own a rental property, it makes sense to protect your investment by putting in place a buy-to-let property insurance policy.

With this type of insurance, acts of theft and vandalism are covered, as are cases of damage or loss that arise from storms, fires, and floods. Beyond basic cover, you may want to investigate the different types of landlord insurance that can prove pivotal to protecting your property, such as:

Buildings insurance – this specifically covers structural damage, such as that caused by natural disasters

Content insurance – if you are letting out a furnished property, contents insurance will cover things like damage to fixtures and fittings, flooring and carpets, and even electrical items

Liability insurance – this insurance will cover you in the event of an accident and injury involving your tenants and/or visitors on site

Lose of rental income and any legal costs incurred by having bad tenants

At Ashleigh Green, our advisers can go through your needs to help you assess the right policy and lender for you.

If you take steps to insure your home, it only makes sense to insure everything in it!

If you love the things you own, make sure they are protected with contents insurance. In the unsettling event that someone breaks into your home, you want to ensure your electrical goods and furniture are covered. Some policies may also provide insurance for precious items such as jewellery. Loss or damages that occur due to natural disasters, fires, and water damage may also be covered under certain policies. Generally speaking, your content insurance policy will fall under be one of these two options:

New for new – if items are stolen, the insurance company will pay out a sum enough to cover the cost of a new replacement

New for old – with this type of policy, the insurance provider will pay enough to have a damaged item repaired

While this insurance is not mandatory, it offers sound peace of mind to those who opt into it. Let Ashleigh Green help you make the right choice by explaining your options and helping choose the right protection.

Buildings insurance is a mandatory requirement of the lender in order to obtain a mortgage, contents cover is optional and offers enhancements such as accidental damage, if you have an accident and damage your property the insurance will pay.


As with all insurance policies, conditions and exclusions will apply

need a quote?

If you’re a landlord or homeowner and would like to discuss your insurance requirements contact us now:

0845 5213315 info@ashleighgreen.co.uk
vouched for

“Very friendly and flexible with hours to suit, made us feel relaxed and didn't give us a load of jargon we didn't understand but made sure we understood everything before we took any steps forward.”
Christina, Essex.

Read more testimonials here